What would be the benefits to you of doubling or tripling your income in 2014?
- Would you be able to work less hours?
- Would you be able to spend more time with your self, your friends, and your family?
- Would you be able to take those vacations you have been dreaming of?
- Would you be able to save for retirement?
- Would you be able to remodel your home?
You are probably thinking, “That all sounds fine, but I’m just trying to survive.” Or, “That all sounds fine, but you don’t know the inner blocks I have.” Or, “How can I believe that I can ever be successful again?”
Let me ask you a few questions…
Have you ever felt like you had one foot on the gas and one foot on the brake?
How does that feel? Does that feel stuck?
Have you ever felt that one part of you is “gung ho” about success and creates all these action steps for you to do each day, while another part of you is resisting, procrastinating and sometimes even rebelling at what you set out to do?
How often have you told yourself, “I know what I should be doing, but I’m just not doing it and I don’t know why?”
The reason you don’t know is that you don’t understand the power of your subconscious mind.
You need to realize that even though the conscious part of your mind is saying, “I want to double or triple income in 2014”, there are other parts of you that are hidden and they have a counter intentions, also known as self-limiting beliefs.
Here are examples of some Self-Limiting Beliefs that are holding you back from success. If you resonate even a little bit, even one percent, with these just visualize a check mark next that belief.
- I’m not good enough.
- I don’t have what it takes to succeed.
- I have to be hard on myself in order to succeed (if you have this belief, then you judge and criticize yourself and put yourself down for making any mistakes).
- I have to be perfect be okay.
- It’s not safe to be too visible.
How many of these are you resonating with, even a little bit?
Here’s are other common beliefs:
- Other people’s needs come before mine
- I need others approval
If you have the belief that you need others approval, then you probably also have the belief that you need to please people. Along with that, you probably have the belief that other people’s needs are more important than yours.
Is it overwhelming to realize that these beliefs are operating inside of you without your awareness?
To help you feel more relaxed, please realize these 3 things:
- The list you have was only a list of beliefs, not facts.
- Realize that beliefs can be changed, it doesn’t matter how many decades you’ve had a belief, you can change it in the present moment.
- Realize that you can easily get outside help to release and reprogram your self- limiting beliefs.
Nature of abhors a vacuum. Once you have released the self-limiting beliefs that you discovered, you need to put something in their place.
Here are examples of some empowered beliefs:
- “I am more than good enough.”
- “The only person’s approval I need is my own.”
- “My needs are just as important as anyone else’s.”
- “Imperfect action is better than no action.”
- “It is perfectly safe to be visible.”
In today’s market prospecting is very important. It’s interesting to note that even people who’ve overcome other self-limiting beliefs are often blocked from prospecting. In other words, they know who to call and what say, but they still can’t bring themselves to do it.
Want to venture a guess as to why they can’t? If you said self-limiting beliefs, you would be right.
Here are examples of self-limiting beliefs that could stop you from prospecting.
- If I call people I’m bothering them.
- If I call people I know be rejected.
- I call people people think I’m pushy salesperson.
- Prospecting is begging.
If in the process of growing up, you found that whenever you reached out you would be rejected or judged then you begin to hold back, and you may have even become somewhat withdrawn.
In your subconscious mind, a belief was formed that “If I reach out, there will be negative consequences”
Here’s an empowered belief to shift your mindset:
“I have a valuable service to offer, and people are happy to hear from me”
Here is the new updated beliefs that will EMPOWER you to prospect easily and effortlessly:
- When I call people they are happy to hear from me.
- I attract ready willing able and fun clients.
- There is no such thing as rejection, it’s either a match or it’s not a match.
An important component to doubling or tripling your income in 2014, is getting clear about your real purpose. Develop a meaningful relationship with your clients by coming from a place of contribution. Remember, don’t turn people into dollar signs.
Always remember that you have a valuable service to offer. Once you realize that you actually are the supplier of valuable real estate expertise you will be eager to offer your services.