For most people, the home’s value, represents their single – biggest, financial asset. Therefore, when one determines, it’s time, to sell his house, shouldn’t he take care, to select the real estate agent, which will represent him, not only with the finest skills, abilities, aptitude, attitude, and skill – set, but, also, the level of ethics, they deserve, and should be able to expect! Although, ethical behavior, and ethics, are required, by nearly every state, as well as real estate board, it’s important, to fully examine, whether the individual, selected, is consistently, truly, ETHICAL, in every aspect of his behavior and actions. With that in mind, this article will attempt to consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why, it’s so important, in determining, the right real estate agent, for you, and your needs/ best interests.
1. Empathy; emphasis; enrich; excellence: When someone listens, more than he speaks, and learns from every conversation and experience, he becomes capable of proceeding with genuine empathy. This positions him, to place his emphasis, where it focused on your specific needs, priorities, etc, and he strives to enrich, the entire process, from listing to closing, in your best interests! He never settles for good – enough, but always demands his utmost degree of personal excellence!
2. Timely; trends: How we conduct and sell real estate, has changed, over time, because of many relevant trends, technologies, etc! You need an agent, who is fully prepare, recognizes these evolving trends, and consistently proceeds in a well – considered, timely manner, focused on your best interests, etc.
3. Head/ heart; healing; humane: One must call upon, both his logical and emotional components, in a head/ heart balance! You are best served, when you’re represented by an agent, who is humane, and emphasizes healing, and greater understanding!
4. Ideas; ideals; imagination; integrity; insights: Ethical behavior begins with absolute integrity! Your agent’s ideals, must inform you, of his insights, and reasoning, and he must possess the imagination, to consistently, introduce the finest ideas, on your behalf!
5. Character; clear/ clarity; cooperative; coordinate: When you choose an agent, with the utmost quality of character, he will strive to be clear, in his plans, and proceed, with clarity, and focus on cooperation! Great representatives realize, they must coordinate, simplify, and ease the process, throughout the entire transaction period!
6. Attitude; aptitude; attention; articulate: Everything goes better, and with far less stress, when your agent possesses a true, positive, can – do, attitude! When the individual develops the most relevant, finest aptitude, and skill – set, and he is ready, willing, and able, to pay keen attention, to the most essential needs, and priorities, you benefit! Great agents articulate a compelling, inspiring message, which tends to bring about, the necessary, meeting, of the minds!
7. Listen; learn; leading: Carefully observe, when you interview potential agents, which ones, prioritize, and emphasize, effectively listening, in order to learn, what you seek, and your goals and priorities. Once, this is agreed to, an agent must be leading you, towards your best directions and needs!
ETHICAL representation is necessary, needed, and required (by law, etc), but compliance, often, varies, from agent, to agent! Choose carefully, and hire the right individual, to fit your needs!